Welcome to the Parent Portal!
The parent portal provides Hartford Public Schools families online access to:
- Dedicated parent coaches who are committed to helping families connect to programs and resources offered by Hartford Public Schools, City of Hartford, and community-based organizations/agencies in the Hartford community. Some of these vital resources include, food, housing, energy assistance, employment, education, healthcare and mental health services. Please click on the "Contact coaches" button to the right of this page to connect to resources.
- A variety of online courses created by various partners for parents and students to conveniently access learning anytime, anywhere. Please click on the "Go to the courses page" button to the right of this page to access online courses.
To fully access the portal services, please register.
The Hartford Parent University (HPU) is a parent-led and community collaborative 501(c)(3) independent organization that engages, empowers, mobilizes and trains parents to advocate and support not only their child’s learning but their own personal learning.
Through a series of sessions/classes offered at HPU parents will be provided an opportunity to increase their knowledge on what children are learning at school, child development, advocacy, parent leadership and parenting skills.
We seek to satisfy families beyond their expectations by linking students, parents, principals, teachers, employees, and the community to available resources and ensure accurate information and quality assistance for all.
Tynima is a graduate of Hartford Parent University (HPU) and the No Child Held Back (NCHB) program. She’s an HPU Coach and Facilitator and has been affiliated with HPU for approximately 5 years. Her experience with HPU has taught her who to go to when she has an issue or concern and she loves sharing that information with parents and care givers. Tynima is very passionate when it comes to parents and their children and when it comes to supporting them and their rights.
Drupatti has been a HPU facilitator for eight years and an HPU coach for a year. She was an active volunteer prior to HPU and one of the first to graduate as a HPU facilitator in 2012. The things she likes about HPU are the following:
- It provides knowledge to parents to support their children’s learning
- It is an extended arm of how to become a better comprehensive and cognitive parent at no cost to parents
- It helps parents understand all aspects of the federal and state education laws on parental involvement
- It brings awareness to parents regarding the Every Student Succeeds Act
- It helps parents hold all stakeholders accountable while advocating for their children’s learning and promote excellent equal education opportunities for all children
Lucy is a graduate of Hartford Parent University (HPU) and the No Child Held Back (NCHB) program. She’s an HPU Coach and Facilitator. She has been affiliated with HPU for approximately 6 years. By being a part of HPU she feels that she has gained a better understanding of how to help her child navigate their way through the Hartford Public School system and loves sharing that information with other parents.
Milagros is a graduate of Hartford Parent University (HPU) and the No Child Held Back (NCHB) program. She’s an HPU Coach and Facilitator and has been affiliated with HPU for approximately 7 years. She also provides support for our Spanish speaking parents with children with special needs, teaching them the planning and placement team process. She is and has always been a big supporter of parent engagement and is affiliated with other Community Based Organizations.
Natalie is a Hartford Parent University (HPU) Coach and Facilitator. She has been affiliated with HPU for 4 years. She provides verbal communication of HPU’s informational documents for our Non-English speaking parents and care givers. Her passion is helping parents understand their rights as it relates to our school system and helping their children get the quality education they deserve.
For the past 39 years Damaris Bolorin has served as a community leader, activist, and advocate. Prior to her community involvement, she served a eight year term as P.T.O president and worked very closely with other school officials in developing new strategies for parent engagement. During her community involvement, she has taken the time to represent parents in all aspects of educational involvement.
As a HPU graduate and Facilitator, Damaris has invested her time in teaching parents the importance of healthy parental involvement through events, trainings, and volunteer opportunities. Her work at HPU has been of great value and dedication.